Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Second Post... A Soft C or a Hard C?

Hello Everyone! Thanks for reading my first post, and for coming back to read the second.

I would really like to talk about a serious matter that always pops up in my life, but I would rather keep this light hearted for the time being. After all, the name's Smile Child and when you keep things light and funny, you're generally smiling and laughing. My favorite thing to do! (Keep a look out though, it will be dated with todays date 😊)

So, without further ado, my thoughts on the drive home from work yesterday evening. These are completely random and from a bored mind.

As I am sitting in traffic, as per usual, I happen to see an out of state license plate, which reads "CERM." Now obviously, this license plate means something as it does not follow the typical state format. But of course, I have no idea what it means, so I started thinking about how you would even pronounce the word in the first place. Would you pronounce it with a soft C sound, or a hard C sound? Both make the word sound very different, which of course would make the word have very different meaning. One would sound like SUURM and the other like CUURM. What the meanings of these two words would be? I am not really sure about that either. Again this was all hypothetical and what was running through my mind when I saw the word on the license plate.

Another thought occurred to me, it could also be an acronym for something. So being stuck in traffic, I looked it up on my phone. (Something to note: I would also NOT recommend doing this, especially when you're speeding at 75 mph! It is against the law. Don't do it.) But back to the acronym thing. So I found things that it could stand for, multiple things actually. This then got me thinking about the pronunciation of the C again. At the time, I came to the conclusion that it would have to be a hard C sound. In looking it up again, I have changed my mind and realized that it would depend on the C word itself and how that is pronounced.

These thoughts stemmed into different thoughts about the letter C. But I can save those thoughts for another time. 

Thank you all again! I appreciate each and every one of you.
Just like the last time: any comments, thoughts, concerns, feel free to leave them below. I should be back tomorrow with another fun topic.

All my love,

Smile Child :)

No comments:

Post a Comment